Health and Safety
In Athinaikon Hotel, we are continuously committed to providing a clean and safe environment for our Employees and Guests.
Athinaikon Hotel is one of the first hotels in Heraklion certified with the National "Health First" Certification by the Hellenic Chamber of Hotels, which verifies that the Hotel follows government's health protocols against COVID-19 .
Additional health and safety measures include:
- E-Check-in is available to our guests using their mobile devices. For guests who prefer a traditional check-in, physical distancing measures will be in place.
- Contactless payment option is available.
- Plexi glass shields are installed at front desk.
- Remote controls and key cards, are delivered to our guests UV-disinfected and in a sealed sterile pouch.
- Front desk personnel are utilizing PPE and have been trained to identify coronavirus symptoms. Reception services remain open 24 hours a day.
- For any case of emergency, a medical kit which includes disposable gloves and masks, antiseptics, cleaning wipes, apron, long-sleeved robe and contactless thermometer, is available.
- A doctor is readily available to our guests, in case of an emergency.
- Hand sanitizers are availabe for our guests and staff throughout the property.
- Elevator can be used only by guests that stay in the same room.
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting elevator knobs and door handles as well as commonly touched surfaces.
- All housekeepers use PPE and have been trained to implement cleaning and disinfection protocols.
- Housekeeping service during a guest stay will be based upon guest preference, recognizing that some guests may not want staff entering their room,
- Remotes are delivered to our guests upon arrival, cleaned and disinfected, in a special sealed pouch.
- Guest rooms are adequatetly ventilated and thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between guests, according to CDC protocols. Particular attention is paid to disinfect frequently touched points and areas.
- Individual, new technology split-unit A/C have been installed in every guest room, each with ionizer, HEPA filter and a separate external unit, to guarantee that no air is circulated between guest rooms.
Lobby/ Cafe Bar
- Our cafeteria and bar are only available to our guests.
- Social distancing meausures apply.
- There is also an outdoor veranta for our guests to enjoy their drink.
Medical facilities in the area: Heraklion is the larger city in Crete. Two of the best national hospitals "Venizelio" and PAGNI (University Hospital) are located in Heraklion just a few kilometers from Athinaikon Hotel. PAGNI is the leading hospital for treating Covid-19 cases in Crete.
Before you travel: Make sure you visit https://travel.gov.gr to update on the situation and the most recent protocols for arrivals in Greece.